Who is Cambridge Intelligence?
We’re a team of data visualization experts. With our data visualization toolkits, we help organizations to make an intelligent visual analysis of their data to ‘join the dots’ and uncover hidden threats.
What’s the role about?
We are looking for a ‘go to’ person within the company for all day-to-day financial matters. As the company has grown, our finance team has become busier and busier. We’re now at the stage where we need some additional management capacity as well as a person with strong coordination skills.
What you’ll be working on
The role will be responsible for accounting and financial controls across the purchasing cycle & supplier management, the sales cycle from invoicing to credit control, as well as HR functions such as payroll, benefits administration and employee expenses. You will take an active role in these tasks where necessary, as well as delegating tasks to team members, who include an assistant accountant and a finance assistant.
Coordination, control, review and undertaking of tasks relating to:
- Purchasing procedures and help managing suppliers
- Banking and payment runs
- Expenses management
- Sales invoicing and credit control
- Benefits administration and payroll (mainly UK, but also US, Canada & Singapore)
- Sales commission calculations
- Charitable giving schemes
- Some tax management, including VAT reporting
- Month end reconciliations and accounting
- Dealing with related ad-hoc in-bound requests to the finance team as they arise
Team and coordination:
- Line management of finance team members
- Coordination of continuous improvement of processes within the finance function
- Task management within our two-weekly sprint planning meetings, and quarterly goals.
- Good communication with teams outside of finance
- Management and tracking of filing and other deadlines
- Project management of change improvement projects
Who’s the ideal candidate?
- A strong and efficient coordinator of tasks and people
- A proven ability to line manage a happy team and grow employees’ personal development
- A positive attitude and be keen to take on a range of responsibilities
- An excellent communicator both inside and outside the finance team
- Proactive and innovative where processes can be improved
- Qualified accountant
- Comfortable using online accountancy tools such as Xero and other Saas services
- Knowledge of UK GAAP, and ideally a high level understanding of US GAAP and IFRS.
Straight to the front of the line
- Experience running a finance team
- Several years in an accountancy role
- Some familiarity with common tax issues for technology or software companies, ideally with some exposure to US taxes.
Why join the team?
Interesting and challenging work
We’re driven by a desire to solve difficult problems. We grow our skills with pioneering work in everything from technical engineering to visual design.
Make an important impact
You’ll be trusted by your team to make significant contributions early on. You’ll be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company.
The best way to succeed is to invest in our people. We prioritize personal development, set ambitious goals and provide opportunities to learn on the job from your talented colleagues.
We encourage inventiveness. Everyone contributes to the success of the business: from building and promoting the product to supporting the team and driving customer success.
We’ll give you the flexibility to work the way you want. Prefer a late start or early finish? Fit your hours around your schedule, or work remotely up to 80% of the time.