We’re looking for a Technical Author to help us produce detailed and accessible documentation so that technical and non-technical audiences can get the most from our product.
Who is Cambridge Intelligence?
We’re a team of data visualization experts. We help organizations to make an intelligent visual analysis of their data to ‘join the dots’ within it and uncover hidden threats.
Using our data visualization tools, it’s quick and easy to build powerful data visualization applications, roll them into analysts’ tools and workflows, and deploy them anywhere in the world.
What’s the role all about?
Like any Technical Author role, it’s about understanding, and then explaining. What makes it different is that our products are built for developers so you’ve got to be able to write at an advanced technical level. However, not all of our customers are familiar with the language and ecosystem that we work in, so you’ve also got to be able to write content that is easy to follow.
To get the most from our products, users first have to understand what they’re capable of. Your content will need to be engaging, interactive and unambiguous. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to API and UX design.
Who’s the ideal candidate?
You’ll have experience working in a development team and delivering documentation for technical users. You’ll enjoy understanding complex technical concepts and finding ways to make them accessible at various levels.
This role can be done on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (of course)
- Communicating complex ideas in an easy to understand manner to a range of target audiences
- The ability (and desire) to learn new technologies
- Effective use of explanatory graphics and visualizations
- An understanding of the ‘docs as code’ approach
- Experience of producing API documentation
- An interest in data visualization