Software Test Engineer
Who is Cambridge Intelligence?
We’re a team of data visualization experts. We help organizations to make an intelligent visual analysis of their data to ‘join the dots’ within it and uncover hidden threats.
Using our KeyLines SDK, it’s quick and easy to build powerful data visualization applications, roll them into analysts’ tools and workflows, and deploy them anywhere in the world.
What’s the role about?
This is a collaborative role, focused on maintaining maintaining the high standard of our product offerings. You’ll engage with the entire development team to make improvements and build quality into the product.Test planning and architecture
- Analysing features under test, from early design stage through to delivery
- Assist in refining and understanding requirements, giving feedback early and often
- Define tests and test coverage, with assistance from the team
- Creating test charters, defining the scope of testing for the feature or product under test.
- Testing features and products, raising any defects/issues in a detailed reproducible way
- Retesting fixed defects or issues
- Signing off features
- Release testing (patch, minor and major releases)
- Collaborate on, and review feature scope documents
- Report test results, browser / platform coverage and defects / issues
- Keep the product owner, stakeholders and development team informed of testing status, and highlighting any areas of risk
Who’s the ideal candidate?
You’ll have experience of manual testing in a development team, using agile processes. As a tester, you see it as your responsibility to share insights, without blaming, so as to help developers constantly improve. Like most testers, you’ll have a innate desire to try and break things, but when you sign off a feature it means it can’t be broken. You’ll enjoy taking a high level view of a product in order to understand requirements and ensure that they are being met.
- Testing web applications
- Platform Testing
- Exploratory testing
- Defining acceptance tests
- Understanding of web technologies
- Analytical skills and creative thinking
Straight to the front of the line:
- Experience of testing SDKs
- Knowledge of test frameworks
- Performance testing
- An awareness of the latest and upcoming browser releases
This role is in the Development Team. Find out more about us here.
You can find out more about working here in our Life at Cambridge Intelligence section.Download the job description [PDF]
A note to recruitment agencies
We work exclusively with recruitment specialists who have expertise in particular sectors. To be considered for our preferred suppliers list, please email email@example.com with your proposed terms and a summary of how you can help with our recruitment needs. Please note that we do not discuss roles or recruitment by phone with agencies not on our preferred supplier list.
Terms are not accepted unless and until we have actively agreed to them in writing, and any candidate details supplied prior to active agreement of terms will be used as we set fit without any obligation to the agency supplying them.
“I try to break things. What could be more fun than that? As a tester, it’s great helping to get the latest visualisation techniques get integrated smoothly into KeyLines.”
– Roger Murby, Test Engineer
Why join the team?
Advance your career
Take on a challenge that will help you take strides in your career.
Turn your ideas into action
Be part of our innovation culture, joined by others who will turn your ideas into reality.
Join an independent success story
We're not beholden to VC demands. Instead we take our own decisions and set our own direction.
Solve problems that matter
From protecting vulnerable people to stopping cyber attacks, we help our customers to solve important problems.
Forget office politics
Say no to long meetings, pointless hierarchies and endless bureaucracy.