Who is Cambridge Intelligence?
We’re a team of data visualization experts. We help organizations to make an intelligent visual analysis of their data to ‘join the dots’ within it and uncover hidden threats.
Using our SDKs, it’s quick and easy to build powerful data visualization applications, roll them into analysts’ tools and workflows, and deploy them anywhere in the world.
What’s the role about?
This is a collaborative role and you will focus on maintaining and improving the high standard of our product offerings. You’ll engage with the entire development team to make improvements and build quality into the product.
Test planning and architecture
- Analysing features under test, from early design stage through to delivery
- Assist in refining and understanding requirements, giving feedback early and often
- Work in an agile environment in collaboration with other Test Engineers and Developers
- Define tests and test coverage, with assistance from the team
- Defining the scope of testing for the feature or product under test
- Testing features and products, raising any defects/issues in a detailed reproducible way
- Retesting fixed defects or issues
- In consultation with the wider development team and product owner you will sign off features
- Release testing (patch, minor and major releases)
- Collaborate on, and review feature scope documents
- Report test results, browser / platform coverage and defects / issues
- Keep the product owner and development team informed of testing status, and highlighting any areas of risk
Who’s the ideal candidate?
You’ll have experience of manual testing in a development team, using agile processes. As a tester, you see it as your responsibility to share insights in a constructive manner, so as to help developers and testers constantly improve.
Like most testers, you’ll have an innate desire to try and break things, but when you sign off a feature it means it can’t be broken. You’ll enjoy taking a high level view of a product in order to understand requirements and ensure that they are being met.
- Testing web applications and/or SDKs
- Platform testing
- Exploratory testing
- Defining acceptance tests
- Understanding of web technologies
- Analytical skills and creative thinking
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of test frameworks
- License testing
- Performance testing
- An awareness of the latest and upcoming browser releases
How can you grow the role?
Opportunity to introduce automation testing in collaboration with your team
Why join the team?
Interesting and challenging work
We’re driven by a desire to solve difficult problems. We grow our skills with pioneering work in everything from technical engineering to visual design.
Make an important impact
You’ll be trusted by your team to make significant contributions early on. You’ll be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company.
The best way to succeed is to invest in our people. We prioritize personal development, set ambitious goals and provide opportunities to learn on the job from your talented colleagues.
We encourage inventiveness. Everyone contributes to the success of the business: from building and promoting the product to supporting the team and driving customer success.
We’ll give you the flexibility to work the way you want. Prefer a late start or early finish? Fit your hours around your schedule, or work remotely up to 80% of the time.